Sunday, November 28, 2010

I'm Engaged!!!












James and I are engaged! On Friday November 20, 2010 James had my best friends, my family & his close friends get together to all be there when he proposed to me. My best friend Alison & her husband Jeff had wanted to do a bonfire at the beach (or so I thought ;-). So the four of us drove up to Huntington Beach. I wasn't feeling too good, almost didn't want to go (can you imagine if I hadn't!) So we got to the beach after dark. As we started to sit all of our stuff down next to a bonfire pit something caught my eye at the pit next to me where there were a lot of people. I looked up and there was James 5 close friends from Cal Fire all holding signs that said "Will You Marry James" ... it took me a minute or two to realize what was going on, I looked back to James and he was in front of me down on one knee. I started to cry, and he pulled out my dream ring and said the greatest words I've waited so long to hear from a man, he said "I love you with all of my heart Danielle, will you marry me and be my wife?" I said yes and he picked me up in his arms & as I cried more, only one thought crossed my mind ... "This is everything I've ever wanted & dreamed of in my whole life." As we celebrated the group of people next to us, who I thought were strangers all ran over to hug & cheer and celebrate with us, and to my suprise, it was my mom & dad, my brothers, my best friends & James close friends from work and some of their wives. It was the happiest day of my life, one that I will remember forever. I am so grateful that my family & friends got to be there & participate in it all! After we all took pictures and celebrated for a little longer some of us went to El Ranchito for dinner & drinks. (Well, some of us, since I can't drink right now ... LoL ... but my Sprite was delicious! ;-) Every morning I wake up and look at my ring, and am still in awe ... I am truly so very Blessed to have everything and everyone in my life that I do! I am so excited to plan my wedding, the wedding I've dreamed of since I was a little girl! James & I are planning on getting married sometime next Fall 2011, and hopefully within a month we will have a date set! I can't wait! Even in all the weddings I've ever been in & helped plan I never realized just how many decisions & planning was involved! On top of planning for a little baby in May 2011! But, I am still super excited to do it and can't wait to get started! James & I have figured out who will be in our bridal party & are goin to announce it at our Christmas Party on Dec. 17th which will be exciting!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! Congrats Danielle! That's so neat to be able to share such a special moment with your family and friends. Good job James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I request is wedding be when I can get there from So Dak. =) I've driven to California for a wedding before. If Im invited I will be there for sure!!! I'm going to guest who traveled the farthest! hehe =) Congrats you two!

    ReplyDelete